Online blackjack is a highly popular table card game in Europe, and it’s available in both RNG and live dealer versions. Numerous blackjack game variations are on offer, and players can choose from a variety of providers such as Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play, Ezugi, Vivo Gaming, Lucky Streak, and others. For those looking to win real money, real-money gameplay is an option to try. We recommend choosing the top EU casinos to play blackjack games online in 2023 that are licensed and regulated for your safety and security.
EU Online Blackjack Casinos
If you’re looking for the best online casinos in the EU to play blackjack for real money, you’re in luck. The following sites offer RNG and live dealer games as well as bonuses to consider.
- WB up to 1260% deposit match
- Online crypto-casino
- Over 8000 high-quality games
- Feature buy-in bonuses
- 100 EUR +180 free spins bonus
- Multi-currency online casino
- Over 3900 high-quality games
- Welcome freeroll tournament
- 500 EUR + 200 free spins bonus
- Euros and Bitcoins accepted
- Live casino bonuses
- Unique VIP reward system
- 10% Weekly cashback
- Newest Euro casino slots
- 4000+ real money games
- MGA licensed
- 100 wager-free spins bonus
- 10% weekly cashback
- 4000+ real money games
- Newest Euro live games
- 10% real cashback
- Instant-play casino access
- 2000+ slots and games
- 56 popular software studios
- 10% real money cashback
- Operates in 30+ countries
- Top new slot games available
- 24-hour multi-lingual live chat
- 1000 EUR+150 free spins bonus
- Popular EU casino games
- 15 deposit & withdrawal methods
- Bonuses on the first 3 deposits
- 1000 EUR+150 free spins bonus
- Variety of payment methods
- Best live casino games
- Multi-tier VIP program
∗ All bonuses are subject to T&Cs. 18+ only. Gamble Responsibly.
Best Online Casinos for Blackjack: Our Favourites
As a blackjack enthusiast, I want to tell you about my two favourite casinos. In my experience, BC.Game and Bitstarz Casinos are exemplary sites to play blackjack.
- BC.Game offers a catalogue of over 100 blackjack games from software providers such as Evolution, Pragmatic, Ezugi, 1×2, and Red Ranke, including classic and multi-hand blackjack. The games are iTech Labs fairness certified and the website is moderately built and easy to navigate.
- Bitstarz, established in 2014, is well-known among European players for its fast real money and crypto payments. Like BC.Game Casino, Bitstarz offers European Blackjack, Blackjack Surrender, and Blackjack Multihand. Bitstarz also has a great selection of live blackjack games, as well as popular games such as slots, European roulette, 3 Card Poker, and baccarat. Bitstarz is fully licensed and regulated, ensuring a secure gaming experience.
At Bitstarz Casino, you can play blackjack games using both real money and cryptocurrency. And BC.Game is more focused on cryptocurrency use in their games.
Casino Bonuses for Real Money Blackjack Players
Top-quality Euro casinos offer bonuses to retain their online patrons. The bonuses range from welcome bonuses for new players who make a first deposit, to loyalty programs that reward frequent gameplay with added benefits such as cashback and free spins for slot games. In addition, some popular online casinos in Europe among players offer 25% to 75% bonuses on second and third deposits as an incentive for players to reload their accounts with bonus money. These casino offerings are a common aspect of the online gambling landscape and can provide players with additional value and opportunities to win on the tables.
Before claiming a bonus, it’s essential to read the terms and conditions carefully. Some blackjack variations may not count towards the bonus WR, and some bonuses may only allow bets on slots. If blackjack is restricted, players can either look for a table games bonus or stick to slots.
The Benefits of Playing Blackjack Online
Playing online blackjack offers a unique and convenient gaming experience for players of all levels. Here are some of the key benefits of playing blackjack online:
- Convenience: Online blackjack is available 24/7 and can be played from the comfort of your own home or on the go with a mobile device.
- Variety of house edges: Online blackjack offers a range of house edges that cater to different player preferences, allowing for a more personalized gaming experience.
- Same rules and gameplay: The rules, strategies, and odds of online blackjack are the same as they are in a physical casino, ensuring that the quality of the game remains intact.
- Free games and tutorials: Many online blackjack sites offer free games and tutorials, which is a great advantage for beginners as they can hone their skills before betting real money on the tables.
- Secure and safe: Online blackjack platforms use advanced security measures to protect your personal and financial information, ensuring a safe and secure gaming experience.
- Play at your own pace: Online blackjack allows you to play at your own pace and on your own terms, providing a unique gaming experience that is well worth considering.
Check List Before Playing Online
- Security and Safety: Make sure the online casino has a valid license and uses encryption technologies to protect your personal and financial information.
- Game Variety: Look for sites that offer a wide range of blackjack games, including classic and variant versions, as well as live dealer options.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Many online casinos offer bonuses and promotions, such as deposit bonuses, cashback offers, and loyalty programs, that can enhance your playing experience.
- Payment Options: Choose a site that offers a variety of convenient and secure payment options, including e-wallets, credit cards, and cryptocurrencies.
- Customer Support: Look for sites that offer 24/7 customer support, either through live chat, email, or phone.
- User Experience: Consider the website’s design, navigation, and overall user experience. A well-designed site with a user-friendly interface can greatly enhance your playing experience.
By considering these factors, you can increase your chances of finding a top-quality online blackjack site.
Online Blackjack for Real Money Play Variations
Online Blackjack has multiple variations with varying rules and strategies. While the classic version of blackjack follows a standard set of rules and gameplay, other versions like Double Exposure Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, European Blackjack, and Spanish 21 offer an interesting twist to the game.
One of the most popular options is Live Dealer Blackjack, which closely replicates land-based casinos. You’ll love the immersive and interactive gaming experience as you play with a human dealer dealing cards in real time. Interact with the dealer and other players through live chat for a more engaging experience.
If you prefer a game with a better winning chance, try Single Deck Blackjack. With fewer cards in the deck, your chances of natural blackjack increase. And for those who love challenges, Perfect Pairs Blackjack is the ideal option. You can bet on whether your first two cards will be a pair. If they are, you’ll win a bonus payout on top of your regular winnings.
In Double Exposure Blackjack, both the dealer’s cards are dealt face up, giving players a unique advantage when it comes to making their next move. Atlantic City Blackjack is similar to the classic version, but with a few key differences, such as allowing players to double down on any two cards and splitting hands up to three times. European Blackjack is another variation that offers slightly different rules, such as the dealer standing on a soft 17 and no-hole card.
Spanish 21 is a variation that’s played with a unique deck of cards, with all of the 10s removed. This change in the deck can have a significant impact on gameplay, as it alters the odds and strategies players can employ. You can find these blackjack variations in both the live dealer and random number generator (RNG) categories of European online casinos. The games are usually provided by software providers such as Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play and Ezugi.
Live Casino Blackjack with Real Dealers
If you’re on the lookout for a blackjack experience that makes you feel like you’re at a brick-and-mortar casino, then the online blackjack live dealer version for real money could be the perfect choice for you. You get to enjoy games that are streamed directly from studios or actual casinos located in various parts of Europe and the world, giving you the chance to interact with the dealer and other players at the table.
Blackjack Games Using RNGs
If you prefer the convenience and speed of using the computer-simulated version over playing against a live dealer, RNG blackjack games are a great option. One advantage of playing RNG blackjack games is that many online casinos allow players to try these games for free without making a deposit.
Tips for Playing Online Blackjack
Before playing blackjack online, there are some noteworthy things to consider to enhance your overall blackjack playing experience. With the right approach and some insider knowledge, you can make the most of this casino game.
- Find a reputable online casino: Make sure you play at a trustworthy online casino. Check the licensing and regulation of the casino, read reviews and player experiences, and make sure the casino uses fair and secure software.
- Learn the rules of the game: It’s important to understand the rules of the game, including the value of each card, the different betting options, and any specific rules for the variation of blackjack you’re playing.
- Use basic strategy: Basic strategy is a set of rules that tells you when to hit, stand, double down, or split based on your hand and the dealer’s upcard. Using a basic strategy can help you reduce the house edge and increase your chances of winning.
- Practice with free games: Many online casinos offer free blackjack games that allow you to practice your skills and strategies without risking any money.
- Manage your bankroll: Set a budget for your gambling and stick to it. Don’t chase losses or bet more than you can afford to lose.
- Take breaks: Playing online blackjack can be mentally taxing, so it’s important to take breaks to stay focused and avoid making costly mistakes.
- Stay alert: Watch for any suspicious or unfair practices by the casino, such as rigged software or slow payouts. If you notice any red flags, stop playing immediately and report the issue to the relevant authorities.
Overall, playing online blackjack can be a fun and rewarding experience if you take the time to learn the game, use proper strategy, and stay vigilant.
Blackjack Terminology Explained
In order to improve your retention of the rules, you may find it helpful to commit certain terms to memory. The objective of utilizing terms is to be able to recall the rule swiftly and accurately when presented with your hand total, without the need to examine the dealer’s hand. By internalizing these terms, you’ll be able to make informed decisions in real-time at the table, resulting in quicker and more precise gameplay.
- Anchorman: The player who acts last before the dealer is referred to as the Anchorman when seated at a blackjack table.
- Bankroll: The bankroll refers to the total amount of money that a player has for gambling. It is crucial to distinguish between the total available cash and the amount a player is willing to risk in a casino.
- Burn Card: To prevent the first player from gaining any advantage, the dealer places the first card face down to one side. This card is known as the burn card and remains hidden from the players.
- Bust: When a player loses all their money, it is referred to as busting. It is important to keep one’s bankroll separate from their day-to-day living expenses.
- Cold Deck: When the shoe deals with terrible cards that result in players losing excessively, it is referred to as a cold deck. This is different from when players are running hot.
- Colour Up: If a player has many low-denomination chips, they can ask the dealer to exchange them for higher-denomination chips. This process is known as colouring up.
- Cut Card: When a new shoe with shuffled cards is introduced, the dealer asks a player to cut the deck with a cut card. The cut card signals when the current shoe ends and a new shoe is required.
- Discards: All dealt cards are discarded and placed on the side until a new shoe is needed. At this point, they are reshuffled and reused.
- Double Down: If a player has a promising starting hand and the dealer appears weak, they may double down and double their initial wager. If their hand wins, they get twice the amount, but if they lose, they lose twice the amount.
- House Edge: The house edge is the expected advantage that the casino has over the player in a particular game. In blackjack, the house edge is just over 1% against players with basic knowledge of blackjack strategy.
- Flat Betting: When a player bets the same amount consistently, hand after hand, they are considered to be flat betting. This is a safe betting strategy but not very adventurous.
- Hit: When a player wants another card, they ask the dealer to “hit.”
- Surrender/Late Surrender: In some blackjack variations, players can surrender their hands without making any further decisions. They receive half their stake back, potentially saving some money if their hand is not strong.
- Multi-Deck: Most blackjack games in casinos use multiple decks of cards instead of a single deck. Several decks, ranging from six to eight, may be used in many games simultaneously.
- Pit: The area of the table where a player sits for their blackjack game is called the pit. A pit boss, a stern-looking casino employee, oversees the pit.
- Split: If a player receives two cards of the same value, they can choose to split them, matching their initial wager, and play two separate hands.
- Stand: If a player is satisfied with their first two cards or has hit and taken another, they can choose to stand, which means they won’t take another card.
- Toke: In a casino, a tip is known as a toke. While not required, tipping the staff is a good way to show appreciation for their services.
- Up Card: During a blackjack game, the dealer’s face-up card is visible to the players. This card is called the up card, while the dealer’s other card remains face down.
Online Blackjack Rules and Strategies
Online blackjack rules and strategies are guidelines that players can use to improve their chances of winning when playing blackjack online. The rules of the game are simple; the objective is to get a hand value that is closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand value without going over 21. The game is played with a deck of 52 cards, and the cards are valued as follows:
Ace: 1 or 11 points
Face cards (King, Queen, Jack): 10 points
Other cards: Face value (2-10)
Some of the strategies that can be used to improve one’s chances of winning include:
- Card Counting: This is a strategy that involves keeping track of the cards that have been dealt with and adjusting one’s betting based on the remaining cards in the deck.
- Basic Strategy: This is a mathematical approach that involves studying the different possible hand combinations and making decisions based on the probabilities of getting a winning hand.
- Money Management: This involves setting a budget for the game and sticking to it, regardless of whether one is winning or losing.
- Insurance: This is a side bet that can be placed when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace. It pays out 2:1 if the dealer has a blackjack, but it is not recommended as it has a high house edge.
- Splitting Pairs: When a player is dealt a pair, they can choose to split the hand into two separate hands and play each hand individually. This is a good strategy when the dealer has a weak upcard.
Basic Blackjack Strategy Chart
A Blackjack Strategy Chart is a tool that can help you make better decisions while playing the game. It shows you the best action to take for each possible hand based on the dealer’s up card. Using the chart may improve your chances of winning over time, but remember that luck and card counting can also impact the outcome of the game.
Online Casino Blackjack Card Counting
If you’re thinking about counting cards in online blackjack, you should know that it’s not a feasible strategy for several reasons. Firstly, in live online blackjack, cards are shuffled after each game, and in RNG versions, algorithms are used to shuffle and deal with the cards, making it impossible for you to track them. Secondly, online casinos often use multiple decks of cards, which further complicates card counting. Lastly, online casinos can monitor your gameplay and betting patterns to detect any suspicious behaviour and take appropriate action.
Therefore while card counting may work in land-based casinos, it’s not a viable strategy for online blackjack due to the mentioned factors.
Courses on How to Win at Blackjack – Udemy
While these courses aim to equip players with the knowledge and skills to excel at blackjack, it’s worth remembering that luck still plays a significant role in the outcome of each game. As with any form of gambling, there is no guarantee of continued success. However, to further improve your blackjack skills, you can also utilize an online blackjack basic strategy trainer. These trainers allow you to practice basic blackjack strategy and make better decisions when playing the game.
With the help of Udemy blackjack courses and an online blackjack basic strategy trainer, you can potentially increase your odds of winning and boost your online winnings. Remember, these tools are meant to improve your skills, but there is no foolproof way to win every game of blackjack.
Online Blackjack FAQs
How do I start playing online blackjack?
To begin playing online blackjack, you will first need to create an account on a casino website or gambling app that offers the real money game. The process involves providing personal information and making a deposit to start playing.
What does the objective of online blackjack involve?
The goal of online blackjack is for players to beat the dealer’s hand value without exceeding 21 by hitting or standing with one or more decks of cards that are randomly shuffled and dealt.
Is online blackjack fair?
The digital version of online blackjack is typically fair, as it uses a random number generator to guarantee the outcome of each hand is random and impartial.
Can I play for free or is real money betting required?
To play live online blackjack you’ll be required to make a deposit, but you can try it for free as an RNG version.
Is it possible to play online blackjack on a mobile device?
Yes, all websites and apps are now fully mobile-optimised and offer to play mobile blackjack games on the go.
Is blackjack skill or luck?
Blackjack is a game that involves both skill and luck. While skilled players can use basic strategies to reduce the house edge and improve their chances of winning, luck still plays a significant role in the game as the player has no control over the cards that are dealt.
Can I hit live blackjack tables online?
Yes, you can choose game providers including Evolution Gaming, Playtech, Pragmatic Play or Ezugi and hit live blackjack tables online and play it with real dealers from the comfort of your own home.
What are some of the best blackjack sites for real money?
There are many reputable blackjack sites to play for real money on our list of recommendations.
Is card counting illegal in blackjack?
It’s not illegal online, but many real casinos consider it to be cheating and will ask players to leave if they are caught counting cards.
What is soft 17 blackjack?
Soft 17 blackjack is a hand that includes an Ace and a 6, which can be counted as either 7 or 17. It is called “soft” because the Ace can be counted as either 1 or 11.
What is soft 14?
A “soft 14” hand in blackjack includes an Ace and a 3, which can be counted as either 4 or 14.
What is insurance in blackjack?
Insurance is a side bet in blackjack that is offered when the dealer’s up card is an Ace. It allows you to protect your initial bet if the dealer has blackjack.
When should you split in blackjack?
You should split when you have a pair of cards of the same rank, such as two 8s or two Aces. Splitting allows you to play two hands at at a time and potentially double your winnings.
What does double down mean in blackjack?
Double down is an option in blackjack that allows you to double your initial bet and receive only one additional card. This can be a risky move, but it can also lead to bigger winnings if played correctly.
What is the MIT blackjack team?
The MIT blackjack team was a group of students and alumni from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who used card counting techniques to win millions of dollars in casinos in the 1980s and 1990s.